Saturday, March 7, 2009

Here's My Jars!!!



Well---I finally got my stuff done for the shop and I am back to the blog scene---thought I would list some stuff today and catch up with some peeps and then maybe take a nap---much needed nap BTW!!!

These jars are fun to make----I will have them listed on Etsy this afternoon----as you can see by the pictures they are frosted---frosted with an acid cream called Armour Etch----first I got round stickers and placed them all over the jar---then I re-pressed them because they need to be ON THERE GOOD and no areas that aren't stuck or your 'circle' will be messed up. Follow the directions on the bottle--now when I tell ya it is acid cream---it is--and it eats the shiney surface of the glass---so it can be washed---after it is complete and it will always be frosted---forever--unlike a spray on frost---capeesh? Now--the cream is expensive and so I suggest that you bring your coupon with you to Michaels or JoAnnes---

The GORGEOUS tag that is on there was purchased from Mare at Oak Hollow Primitives---you really need to check out her stuff---she is an awesome artist and her work is comparable to none----here is her link to her Etsy Shop---be sure to check her out--you will NOT be disappointed!

Oak Hollow Primitives

Why is Some Handmade Soap More Expensive Than Others?

This is my Mom and my Grandma----two people who are/were very influential in my soap making endeavor.  I make soap the very similar to th...