Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reflections of My Christmas!

I love Christmas---HATE the hustle and bustle to get to the day---but muttle thru as best as possible without going to jail from hurting perfect strangers...LOL  I found myself trying to 'find' Christmas in my heart for some reason this year---I felt as though I was missing it--that warm fuzzy feeling---usually it is there all on its own--but this year---this year was different---I watched all my favorite Holiday Shows---Charlie Brown and Rudolph and the Grinch---I did all of my usual baking---met up with friends and peeps for holiday cheer before hand and yet nothin'---until this one day---this one day that I went out shopping and left the house with a mission to get it all buttoned up and finished.  Lists of scribbled notes of this and that on paper that had been crossed off of and re-assesed just to be crossed off again---food purchase lists mixed in with electronics mixed in with housewares and toiletries---unorganized would be putting it mildly! Here's what happened: 

I went into the first store---outside was this young and very sweet tall and gangly African American boy---ringing the bells for the Salvation Army---singing Christmas songs with the biggest smile and the voice of an angel--I stopped and listened for a moment and said to him---Bless you for Ringing the Bell sweet child---and he hugged me and said Merry Christmas!  Blessing number 1

Then I proceeded into the next store---I was at the checkout lane standing in line and I saw this old couple walk by holding hands---and when I say old I mean they were in their 80's---with this look of complete and udder love and happiness for each other and very smartly dressed---I noticed them stop to look at something---here it was this young boy---about 6 or 7 years old---whistling Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer---with a look of enchantment and joy on their faces ----he and his two other siblings and his mother came into the very line that I was in---and he continued to whislte away---I reached my hand out to touch the top of his head and smiled at him---he was so sweet.  Blessing number 2

Then the last store I went into---I was wandering around for what seemed like HOURS looking for where in the heck one would put the Wax Paper if one were a stock person who even knew what wax paper was---I kept passing this woman pushing this cart full of stuff---she was a bit overweight and had the most happy and sweet rosey cheeks and pretty smile and was struggling to even walk----she says to me---you look like you are lost---to which I replied---I think I may be---I just wanna find Wax Paper and get the heck out of here---she says---and mind you ---she is not an employee at this store---I can take you there--so she does and it is quite a ways away from our original destination--and I say to her---awwww thank you---I think I need to take you with me the next time I go shopping!! She says to me with MUCH delight---that would be just fine---as I have no one---I hugged her and wished her a Merry Christmas---Blessing number 3

We go to Mass on Christmas Eve---and the Church is packed FULL---there are parents coming in with their children all dressed up---I had the best time before mass started--looking at all the children in their fineries--as I totally remember those days when my kids were young---so dang CUTE. As luck would have it---the Childrens choir was singing---during Mass---Silent Night---tears came strolling down my face as I sat and reflected on the things that I previously mentioned---and at that VERY moment I finally got the warm and fuzzy feeling that I had waited and wondered about---and that my dear friends---that was my Blessing number 4----

I would like to say at this time---Blessing number 5 for me will be..... that each and every one that reads this will think about the small incoincidental blessings that come our way daily---that you will stop and really take note to the great STUFF that is going on around us constantly---stop and think about the simple blessings we all have in our lives---they are there--trust me they are---we just don't always take the time to see them---take the time people---and know that if you do.... your heart will always be warm and fuzzy mode!  Here's to a Happy 2011 New Year to all of You and Yours!

7 comments:

Deb's Country Crafts said...

Good morning dear friend! I love your post, it gave me warm fuzzies! I have had days like that myself magical and remind you that there are amazing wonderful people out there and how life is grand. I hope 2011 is a happy and healthy terrific year for you and yours! Love and hugs!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww, I just loved this post. How I needed it today. What blessings you had that day. But blessings are everyday and you are right, we need to look for them, they are there. It's amazing to me how kind folks can be, it really is easier than being mean. I hope you find many more blessings this coming New Year. You have blessed my life. God bless all.
Hugs,
Cathy

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Hi Renee,

I don't know what is happening to my acct. but I think my daughter signed in and it came up Hunterq92. But its me, Cathy Gray from Snugglebug

Maggie/Cedar Hill Rustics said...

Hi Sweetie.... You know how much I loved reading your messages. This one touched me. Hope you are doing fine and hope you have a very happy New Year. My RA is really making things hard for me but I try to do someting when I can. I hate this illness...... but it could very well be worse so I count my blessings daily.
Love ya sweetie =)
Maggie
Cedar Hill Rustics

Sue said...

God bless you Renee. I love you
Susie

BirchBerry Farms said...

Hey Miss Deb---I hope your year goes ALOT better for you and your family---Miss seeing you at the shows!

Awww Cath---you are an angel---and ya make me chuckle---I knew it was you before ya even told me!! LOL

Hey Mags---Sorry to hear that your RA is kickin your butt---I have Ankylosing Spondilitis a rare form of arthritis---and it is nooooo FUN---no fun at all---I figure if I pretend that I can still do what I want to do when I want to do it---well then I take away its power---teeheee---I have been suffering with it for years---some days are horrible--most days are good---I know there are alot of people who suffer with arthritis way bad---breaks my heart! Hope you find some peace with all of that! :-}

Awwwww Susie----back atcha baby!!---I hope your 2011 is full of peace and tranquility---I worry about you!!! How was your get together on the 2nd? Hope all went well----sure has been bitter cold heh? Dag Nabbit!

The Wooden Acorn said...

Reading your post was like tapping into my mind.

I had the same feeling about xmas this year, but yet, I have also discovered that by looking further, its possible to see so much more, thus making everyday a blessing (sometimes a blessing in disguise thou). LOL

Thank you for posting your thoughts...you said it all so well.

Valerie

Why is Some Handmade Soap More Expensive Than Others?

This is my Mom and my Grandma----two people who are/were very influential in my soap making endeavor.  I make soap the very similar to th...