Monday, May 26, 2008

By the Grace of GOD



For all of you who have been emailing me---here is what happened in my neck of the World yesterday---a day that I will remember always---many of you know that I was up at the National Sports Center here in Blaine MN doing my annual 'gig' with my large group of Blaine High School students. I do this every Memorial weekend. It is always a scarey thing to be responsible for the safety of so many kids my 17 year old daughter included. I decided to run home for a brief time to get some NORMAL food yesterday afternoon---from the time I got home and made a sammy to the time I turned the TV and realized what a horrible mistake I had made in coming home---well---let's just say---GOOD LORD! The sky had turned in an instant---absolutely green and very very instant----it just POPPED---my parent 'leads' that I had left up there at the NSC were notified by me and thanks to the good Lord I had the presence of mind at the morning meeting to explain severe storm protocol to all of my groups---what I expected they were to do because we were aware that storms may develop and for the life of me---well for ONCE they listened and they all did what they were supposed to do---and it was WONDERFUL----we had a tornado touchdown 3 blocks from my home while I was home making my sammy.---my neighborhood is in shambles, totally like a war zone--- but thankfully all peeps are okay--we did not sustain any major damage here at our home, but some of my neighbors were not so lucky---we had one fatality and 9 critically injured 10 miles east of us---in Hugo---please pray for those families---especially for the 2 year old child who died---my heart is broken for that family----I am thanking God still to this moment because this could have been alot worse---it really could have!

3 comments:

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Thank the Lord that you are safe and sound. I will pray for your neighbors for sure....how very scarey!! May He bring peace back to your community!!
Stace

BirchBerry Farms said...

Thanks Stace---boy--it sure has a way of putting you back into perspective---life is really constantly moving---made me appreciate how fragile it can be---and in an instant---just like that---Man oh man!

Country*Road*Primitives said...

Renee, I was thinking about you MN gals when I saw the news... had NO idea how close the storms were to you and your family... *sending prayers to all in need* PTL you and your family are okay... so sorry to hear of the fatalities xox

Why is Some Handmade Soap More Expensive Than Others?

This is my Mom and my Grandma----two people who are/were very influential in my soap making endeavor.  I make soap the very similar to th...