This is quite possibly one of the best breads I have ever made---it is fabulous! Just in time for the holidays it is sure to be one of those recipes people will want a copy of! AND I am pretty sure it is good for you as well---not alot of sugary stuff in it--- ENJOY!!!
Cranberry Pecan Oatbread
1 1/4 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 C oats
1/2 C honey
1/4 C vegetable oil
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1/4 C milk (I tried this w buttermilk and YUM!)
1/2 tsp. Vanilla bean paste (regular vanilla extract works fine)
1 C fresh cranberries
1/2 C toasted pecans -chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350, grease an 8x4 pan
2. In large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and oats.
3. In small bowl mix together honey, vegetable oil, juice and zest of lime, eggs, milk, and vanilla bean paste.
4. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened. Stir in cranberries and pecans.
5. Bake 40-45 minutes until tester inserted in center comes out clean.