Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Have Brush Will Travel!



Helllloooooo my dears---yup---it's me---well at least I think its me---I am bangin into myself coming and going---teehee----Heres some work I just completed at a Restaurant called Jimmys Pizza in Becker MN. A friend of mine aquisitioned me to do the paintings on her walls---I had a BLAST doing it---and it was a great diversion to the stupid stuff I have swirling around me constantly---yes---I said stupid---stupid stupid STUPID stuff! Summer is slowly dwindlin down and honestly the weather has been really good here in my parts---a little more TOASTY than normal---perfect for me as I am kind of a 'Outta the Pan into the FIRE' sort of gal---not on purpose tho!!! LOL
The large clock actually WORKS---I cut a hole in their wall and placed the mechanism in there---AND the dang deal is 5ft in diameter---very cool! The designs were done free hand with many many layers of paint were done to get the right effects---that's me doing the 'high finance' part---not good with a calculator at ALL---

3 comments:

Sue said...

You are so talented...How are things for the Little Falls show coming along...To dang hot for me but I do love today...Just need some sunshine and my stupid springer to stop barking...She just hates when I am not with her...
Think about you all the time, especially when I take a shower and use your wonderful soap...

Deb's Country Crafts said...

Oh, so cool Renee! Love the paintings! That must of took a lot of brain storming to do that in such large scale. Turned out wonderful. You should have gone to see Al if you were in Becker he still works there at Becker Furniture World, Fri, Sat, Sun Mon are the days he works. Just go in and ask for him he would be thrilled to see you. That is if you are back there again. I will miss you SO much at Little Falls this year, unless you changed your mind and are still doing it. I have so much to talk to you about hopefully we can catch up sometime in the near future. Love and miss you, hugs!

Doreen Frost said...

Hello my dear!!!

This is sooo wonderful..I LOVE the clock!!!

Hope all is well with you my friend..I miss you :)

big hugs, D

Why is Some Handmade Soap More Expensive Than Others?

This is my Mom and my Grandma----two people who are/were very influential in my soap making endeavor.  I make soap the very similar to th...